Starting May 1, 2014 SAS will update their registration system for teachers and all older generic usernames and passwords will no longer work. Teachers who already have an individual account will not have to re-register or do anything different. This change should affect only a few people as the free individual account registration has been available since 2011.
If you do need to register for an account, you can do so by clicking HERE
Use this to give students access to an iPad and ensure that they stay in the app desired. This is good to use with students using teacher iPads as they contain teacher email accounts, etc. This is also good for that student who doesn’t always stay in the desired app when the teacher is not looking.
To set this up:
1. Go to the settings of the iPad.
2. Under the General settings, click on Accessibility.
3. Scroll down and click on Guided Access under the Learning heading.
4. Turn on the Guided Access
5. Click on Set Password and set the password. This needs to be a password that the students DO NOT know. This CAN be the same as the password to gain access to the iPad. You will need this password at a later point to exit the iPad out of guided access.
6. You are now ready to put an app into Guided Access mode. Open an app.
7. Triple Click the home button. This may take several attempts, but it will look like this when it registers your triple click. You will see “Cancel” in the top left corner, “Start” in the top right corner, etc.
8. At this point, you have 2 choices:
1. Click start and let the student use the app as is.
2. You have the option to circle areas of the screen that you don’t want the students to access during guided access. This might be the exit door, more fun, etc. Just remember, the area of the screen that you circle will stay the same throughout the activity in the app, so be sure that they don’t NEED to have access to that area during the process of the app.
(Below you will see that the more and the “friends” icon have been circled and grayed out)
9. To EXIT Guided Access-You will triple click again to enter that “code” you set during the Guided Access set up. This is the ONLY way to exit out of Guided Access.
10. This is also an option to remove grayed out areas in the Guided Access session and resume use of the app still in guided access. OR Click on “end” to end the Guided Access session.